- As of October 2019, 33 states (and Washington DC) have legalized medical marijuana and 11 states (and Washington DC) have legalized Recreational marijuana.
- All but 2 states have legalized either medical marijuana or CBD oil from Cannabis for medical use; CBD from Hemp is legal in every state.
- In California, if a person or business is caught growing Cannabis without a license, they will be charged $10,000 per day until the plants are
cut down (up to $900,000); after 90 days a lien can be placed on the property
- After Colorado legalized recreational marijuana in 2012, they saw record tourism numbers, a huge drop in unemployment, and a significant home value increase
- Santa Barbara County's relatively relaxed laws when it comes to cannabis cultivation has lead to a huge rush of growers with some of the largest cannabis farms in the world.
Santa Barbara County currently has the most active cannabis cultivation licenses in the state.